News

NEWS ARCHIVE

View by year:

BUYERS CAMP OUT TO SECURE THEIR DREAM HOME WITH DAWN
8 December 2012

We're showing off our new shomhome
26 March 2012

Stirling Road, Kilsyth
14 April 2011

Scotland leads the way in low-energy housing !
31 March 2010

Sustainable Home Launched At Scottish College
2 June 2009

Dash for last remaining properties at Woodlands
3 December 2008

Community spirit helps light up Gowkthrapple
27 November 2008

Dawn Homes Pitches in to Help Mossblown FC
19 November 2008

Welcome to the "Easy Way" of owning a new home
14 September 2008

GSPC ‘Summer Sizzlers’
1 July 2008

New Chairman and Managing Director for DAWN HOMES
12 March 2008

Award Recognition - Glasgow Herald
27 September 2007

Dawn Homes in demand across Scotland
1 August 2007

New Cumbernauld Showhome Makes House Hunting a "Walk in the Park"
8 May 2007

Dawn’s Cottage development a big hit in Kilmarnock
4 December 2006

Dawn get off to a flying start in Dumbarton
1 December 2006

Dawn Homes starts work in Johnstone
1 December 2006

Dawn Homes offer free floor coverings when you purchase one of their Reidvale Court apartments
1 December 2006

Cumbernauld Development is going well for Dawn Homes
25 November 2006

Dawn Homes continues to be a success in Airdrie
10 November 2006

Dawn Homes starts work at Springburn
1 November 2006

Dawn Announces New Springburn Development
6 July 2006

Phase 2 for Woodlands, Airdrie
4 July 2006

Dawn Homes Reveals Reidvale Court Showhome To The Public
20 June 2006

Dawn Homes announces new Cottage-development for Kilmarnock
12 June 2006

Dawn Homes Now On Site At Cumbernauld
24 May 2006

Parklands, Thornwood Ave, Glasgow
1 April 2006

The Willows, Carfin
1 April 2006

Two new Dawn showhomes take centre stage in Airdrie
1 April 2006

Shawfarm Gardens, Prestwick
1 March 2006


Welcome to the "Easy Way" of owning a new home
14 September 2008

Welcome to the "Easy Way" of owning a new home

 

How does the offer work?

A mortgage is arranged on 85% of the purchase price. The remaining 15% balance becomes a second loan from Dawn Homes, secured on the property but with no interest or rent to pay.

When do I repay the remaining 15%?

You simply pay Dawn 15% of the market value of the property when you sell or within 10 years, whichever is the sooner.

Do I have to sell in order to pay the outstanding 15%?

You can repay Dawn in part, or in full anytime from 2 to 10 years after purchasing your home, subject to a valuation at that time and in no more than 3 instalments and a minimum of 5% tranches.

Is there anything else to pay?

Each party are to pay their own legal fees in connection with the set up of the Scheme. Thereafter, you will be liable to pay our legal and valuation fees when the loan is repaid in full or in part.

How is the property valued?

When you make full or part repayment, the market value of the property will be determined by the average of two independent valuations.

What if property prices go down at that time?

Your repayment will be 15% of the market value at that time – whether that is more or less than the initial purchase price.

How do you account for home improvements?

The 15% repayment is calculated from the market value – less any improvements. So you keep all of the value of any improvements you make.

Can I use the offer to buy a property to rent?

You can only use our “Easyway Scheme” if you are buying a Dawn home as your personal residence.


The "Easy Way" offer is available on the following sites:

Schemes such as Dawn Homes’ ‘Easyway’ are an invaluable opportunity for those who were not previously in a position to buy a property to do so.  With ‘Easyway’ house hunters pay just 85% of the purchase price but own 100% of their property upon completion.  The remaining 15% becomes a second loan from Dawn Homes, secured on the property but with no interest or rent, which is repayable when the home owner sells or within 10 years – whichever is sooner.

These schemes benefit both first time buyers and those looking to move up the property ladder as buyers do not need to borrow as much on their mortgage.  This assists those who are unable to arrange a mortgage on the full purchase price of a property and also enables homeowners who wish to upsize to get more for their money.  At present ‘Easyway’ is available on selected plots at our developments in Airdrie, Dumbarton and Johnstone.

Sales Centre and Marketing Suites open Thurs-Mon 11am-5pm.